Ward Pattern & Engineering
Ward Pattern & Engineering (WPE) was founded in 1964 with only 3 employees. WPE consists of our Wood Shop, Metal Shop and CAD Department. From hand sketch to solid modeling our pattern shop can quickly and accurately construct pattern tooling from wood, plastic or metal. WPE continues to make the needed capital investments to keep up with the rapidly changing technology and equipment of the tooling industry.
With our state of the art CAD/CAM software we have the ability to quickly and accurately duplicate, digitize and program our CNC machines. Our CAD/CAM department also has the ability to import or translate customer’s models and blueprints using our Pro/Engineer and MasterCam software allowing us to construct foundry and machine tooling to meet our customers’ requirements.
At WPE we have the ability to take an existing part or tooling and transfer them to a plastic, aluminum, steel or iron tool to produce a wide variety of production castings.
- Mazak Nexus 510C-II Vertical CNC mill 41″ x 20″ x 20″ Travel, 21″ x 52″ Table
- Milltronics RH30 Vertical CNC mill 60″ x 30″ x 28″ Travel, 24″ x 67″ Table
- Fryer VB-100 Vertical CNC mill 100″ x 35″ x 32″ Travel, 30″ x 112″ Table
- Haas VF6 Vertical CNC mill 64″ x 32″ x 30″ Travel, 28″ x 64″ Table
- Rambaudi 600 2-Spindle with Fidia CNC control. 49½” x 23½” Travel, 20″ x 114″ Table
- 6-Bridgeport Mills
- 2-Greaves-Cincinnati Model 4 Horizontal Mills 36″ x 12″ x 18″ Travel
- South Bend SB1058F 18″ x 80″ Turnado LAthe
- Jet GH-1640ZX 16″ Large bore lathe
- LeBlond 18″ Lathe
- Northtech 28″ Vertical bandsaw 26½” Throat
- Powermatic 20″ Vertical Bandsaw 19¼” Throat
- Wells horizontal bandsaw
- Brown + Sharp #2 Grinder
- 6-Pedestal Grinders + Polishes
- 20 Ton Hydraulic Press
- Greenerd #3 Arbor Press
- Milwaukee Chop Saw
- Milwaukee Mag drill
- Master 24″ disc Sander
- Miller Dynasty 300DX Tig Welder
- American 36″ Vertical bandsaw 26¾” Throat
- Delta 14″ Vertical bandsaw 13½” Throat
- Master 24″ Disc Sander
- Walker Turner radial drill press
- Yates American thickness planer
- Oliver Jointer planer
- Master Spindle sander
- FZ Zimmerman belt sander
- FZ Zimmerman FZ-0 + FZ-1 Routers
- South Bend 16″ Lathe
- South Bend 14½” Lathe
- Craftsman 100 Table saw
The CAD department has the ability to import 3D customer models or translate a blueprint or sketch into a 3D model. Using Pro/Engineer and Mastercam, they can use these models to quickly build accurate tooling with any of the 4 CNC mills connected to the shop network or provide the wood or metal shop with the information required to build tooling.
Software & Equipment:
- FTP server for large CAD file transfers.
- HP Designjet 500PS Plotter for full-sized blueprints and photos
- 10/100kbps ethernet network spanning the entire shop and all CNC machines
- Pro/Engineer, 4 seats
- Mastercam, 8 seats
- Windows 7 Pro CAD/CAM workstation (5)
- Windows Server for file backup and storage
- Faro Quantum S 3D Scanning Arm
- Altair Inspire Cast – Casting Solidification Software
FOR Engineering, Tooling, Casting, Heat Treating and Machining NEEDS
GET QUOTE! CONTACT US
Ward Corporation is a family owned and operated Aluminum Foundry committed to providing our customers the utmost in quality and delivery performance, at the lowest possible cost.
CALL US or FAX US
Telephone / 260-426-8700
Fax / 260-420-1919
WE ARE HERE
Fort Wayne, IN 46808
LIKE SHARE AND FOLLOW US!